A world where the illumination of global CSEA data accelerates action and shines the lights of protection and pathways to safety for all children.
- To establish a world leading independent data institute that gathers and visualises the prevalence and nature of child sexual exploitation and abuse across the world via a Global Index and dashboard.
- To create platforms that activate and make accessible that data to inform policy and drive sustainable, coordinated action to safeguard children across the world.
- To be recognized as the leading independent authority for CSEA knowledge and a catalyst of enduring change.
CORE ORGANISATIONAL VALUES
We expect all Childlight staff and researchers to adhere to these core organisation and research values and to represent Childlight externally with these values.
- We will be open, transparent and inclusive,
- We will be representative of the global community,
- We will act with the highest levels of integrity, treating people fairly and with respect,
- We will report data without fear or favour,
- We will follow the strategy (and the threat), not the money,
- We will make the University of Edinburgh a global centre of excellence for tacking CSEA,
- We will always act in the interests of children, and
- Children can’t wait so we will act with speed, balancing the needs of research and action.